We are looking for Senior / Staff Nurse (Kidney Unit) to join us to provide high quality patient care.
The incumbent shall be responsible to:
- Prime dialyser and bloodlines
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Oversees the dialysis treatment from start to finish
- Administer prescribed medications and blood products during and after dialysis
- Cannulates dialysis access
- Cleans and dresses permanent and temporary dialysis catheters
- Identifies dialysis related complications and notifies renal physician
- Assists in renal biopsy and dialysis catheters insertions and removals
- Educates patient and family on pre and post procedure cares
- Educates patient and family on self-care disease management
- Performs peritoneal dialysis exchanges (CAPD and APD)
- Performs and interprets dialysis adequacy test for peritoneal dialysis patients
- Performs transfer set change for peritoneal dialysis patients
- Collaborates with other healthcare workers in the management of renal patients
- Plans and schedules dialysis sessions for patients in the unit as a nurse in charge.
- Registered with SNB.
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing or State Registered Nurse Certificate.
- Relevant Advanced Nursing Diploma or equivalent is preferred for candidate. applying for Senior Staff Nurse position.