We are looking for Senior / Staff Nurse (Cardio Vascular Lab) (Full / Part-time) to join us to provide high quality patient care.
The incumbent shall be responsible to:
- Coordinate patient care needs with team members and the cardiologist.
- Work alongside the cardiologist in the safe handling of instruments, needles, swabs, catheters, balloon, stents and other devices and materials as required, and being able to anticipate their needs.
- Prior to procedure, prepare procedure room with appropriate equipment, supplies, consumables and infusions required for the procedure.
- Perform daily checks of all critical equipment to confirm smooth and proper functioning.
- Handle and operate equipment to be used on patients competently.
- Ensure safe and proper use of surgical instruments, equipment and consumables during the procedure.
- Observe and enforce strict standards of infection control.
- Respond effectively to emergency clinical situations with ability to mobilize available assistance where necessary.
- Monitor patient to provide appropriate care and treatment until the patient has recovered from the effects of anaesthesia.
- Perform continuous patient assessment, monitoring, EMR-documentation, check on dressing, sheath in-situ, drains and infusions/drugs if in progress.
- Transfer patient after an appropriate period of recovery and observation in the recovery room.
- Able to perform after hour On Call Duty.
- Registered with SNB.
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing or State Registered Nurse Certificate.
- Relevant Advanced Nursing Diploma or equivalent is preferred for candidate applying for Senior Staff Nurse position.